How to Find an English Speaking Job in Denmark
Denmark has a number of international companies seeking English speaking employee’s. Even some of the smaller Danish companies are now thinking globally and starting to employ English speaking candidates, in order to appeal to an international market and utilise other skills. Although a small country, the competition for these jobs is fierce, due, in part to the very high level of English, most Danes speak.
Here are some simple, but effective tips to help locate an English speaking position in Denmark.
Job Websites and Helpful Links
There are a number of governmental offices and other agencies, in place to provide guidance to foreigners, that want to work in Denmark. That doesn’t mean that it will be easy, but its a great way to gather information and give you an idea of the companies currently recruiting.
Work in Denmark is the Danish governments attempt at welcoming and enlightening you to everything Danish. Work in Denmark
How to Live in Denmark is the brainchild of an American journalist, that settled here some decades ago. With experience, working within the corporate world and a popular podcast, her lighthearted articles are also worth a read. How to Live in Denmark
Job Portals and Agencies
Jobindex – this has an email alert system, and is very popular with recruiters and companies. Use the search function to search job, company or key words. www.jobindex.dk
Indeed – this is a work agency, that often has positions in different industries. www.indeed.dk
Copenhagen airport – if you’d like a job at the airport, jobs are announced here: CPH.dk
If you’d like a job at one of the shops / restaurants or other facilities in the airport, then you’ll need to contact them directly via their website.
Jooble.dk is another search portal for vacancies. Its basic, but does have some English-speaking positions. www.jooble.dk
The official job centre online resource, this website often has English speaking positions. And a range of mostly unskilled positions. www.jobnet.dk
It’s expensive to recruit in Denmark, so employers often utilise their network to find the right candidate.
Utilise yours to find the right position for you.
- LinkedIn – make sure that your profile picture is professional and that you have updated your last place of employment. Also, be sure to set your status to seeking employment.
- Email – Sign up for email alerts with all the top recruiters (see the list above). You can usually set your own search criteria and will be sent weekly alerts when vacancies match your search.
- Google + – If you are unsure of your SEO potential, then using this is a sure-fire way to get your story out and into the search engines.
- Facebook – like and follow the companies you wish to work for. Also use your network by creating a post about you and what you are seeking. Make the post public and ask people to share it.
- Instagram – follow the companies that interest you. And connect with those you wish to work for or with.
Help finding a job in Denmark? Welcome Group Consulting offers Recruitment Assistance for English speakers. Click HERE for more details.
Like our facebook page to be kept upto date with all our free events, guides and useful information for expats in Denmark HERE