Cover Letter Tips: Make Yours Stand Out
Your cover letter allows you to introduce yourself and is also where you get to bring your CV to life. Here’s our top Cover Letter Tips to Make Yours Stand Out!
Put In The Effort
This is your opportunity to show that you are the right candidate for the job. Read the job description, then adapt your wording to show that you have exactly those skills. Think of it as a shopping list. The employer wants to acquire everything on the list, you now have to show that you have everything they want.
Here are a few key things you should find out before you start writing:
- What does the company do?
- Who are their competitors?
- Who are their target audience?
- What does the role involve?
- What are the essential skills?
Once you’ve found answers to these questions, you’ll be able to make it clear in your cover letter how your skills and abilities match up with what the employer is looking for.
Here’s some Cover Letter Tips To Help Yours Stand Out
- Give examples of when you utilised the skill set they are looking for.
- Remember to adapt your cover letter specifically to the company / job you are applying for. It takes less than 20 seconds to spot a well written, job specific, company specific letter and even less for a copy paste application.
- A cover letter in Denmark is very much like the dress code, smart-casual. It needs to have a good blend of professionalism mixed with casual, friendly introduction to who you are.
- Always try to find the person you are addressing. If it isn’t in the vacancy post, then do some research. Showing you have researched the company and its’ employee’s, is exactly what will make you stand out.
- Being professional is important, but being memorable is key here, so be friendly.
- After speaking with the recruiter / person responsible try to connect with them on LinkedIn by sending a message and connect request. Write a little note thanking them for taking the time to answer your questions.
Don’t sit around and wait for a recruiter to come knocking, that pretty woman recruitment style went out in the 80’s! If you would like to find employment, then take charge and make it happen!
Welcome Group Consulting proudly supports the international community with initiatives towards employment, education and community. To work with us or to receive help with finding employment you can read more on our website here.
Prefer to chat to someone in real life? No problem, we have an Employment Guidance HOTLINE, manned by experienced guidance advisors ready to listen and jump into action. You can book a call by clicking here.
Want 1:1 help towards achieving your career goals? Then why not consider employment assistance membership. Our membership is designed to give you all the information you need to help you identify your best assets in a way that speaks to Danish employers, we then help you to create a CV and cover letter that incorporates Danish customs and adheres to the unspoken rules. Our membership has been so successful that we can proudly boast a 70% success rate of finding people paid employment within 3 months. Now that is help I wish I’d of had when I arrived! Read more or become a member by clicking here.
Other articles you may find useful
Other Helpful articles: