Cover Letter Tips: Make Yours Stand Out
Your cover letter allows you to introduce yourself and is also where you get to bring your CV to life. Here’s our top Cover Letter Tips to Make Yours Stand Out!
Put In The Effort
This is your opportunity to show that you are the right candidate for the job. Read the job description, then adapt your wording to show that you have exactly those skills. Think of it as a shopping list. The employer wants to acquire everything on the list, you now have to show that you have everything they want.
Here are a few key things you should find out before you start writing:
- What does the company do?
- Who are their competitors?
- Who are their target audience?
- What does the role involve?
- What are the essential skills?
Once you’ve found answers to these questions, you’ll be able to make it clear in your cover letter how your skills and abilities match up with what the employer is looking for.
Here’s some Cover Letter Tips To Help Yours Stand Out
- Give examples of when you utilised the skill set they are looking for.
- Remember to adapt your cover letter specifically to the company / job you are applying for. It takes less than 20 seconds to spot a well written, job specific, company specific letter and even less for a copy paste application.
- A cover letter in Denmark is very much like the dress code, smart-casual. It needs to have a good blend of professionalism mixed with casual, friendly introduction to who you are.
- Always try to find the person you are addressing. If it isn’t in the vacancy post, then do some research. Showing you have researched the company and its’ employee’s, is exactly what will make you stand out.
- Being professional is important, but being memorable is key here, so be friendly.
- After speaking with the recruiter / person responsible try to connect with them on LinkedIn by sending a message and connect request. Write a little note thanking them for taking the time to answer your questions.
Want more help finding a job in Denmark? Welcome Group Consulting offers Recruitment Assistance for English speakers. Click HERE for more details.
Like our Facebook page to be kept upto date with all our free events, guides and useful information for expats in Denmark HERE